Like all the world around us, we too face a very difficult time which adversely affects our regular assembling for worship, prayer and fellowship. Though we are eager to continue with our regular programmes, we are constrained to make changes because of the instructions from:
- the government to limit gatherings to 250 people or less, and
- the SingPost authorities to suspend our activities in their auditorium.
Therefore the Board of Elders has decided to rearrange our programmes – from 23rd of March until further notice – as follows:
Sunday Worship Service
There will be five smaller gatherings, namely (i) 8.30am–9.30am, (ii) 10.00am–11.00am, (iii) 11.30am–12.30pm [Mandarin Service], (iv) 4.00pm–5.00pm, (v) 6.00pm–7.00pm.
We would advise members and friends to follow the timing suggested to you. Please refer to the groupings placed at the reception area, and note the suggested timing for your participation of worship.
- Sunday’s children’s activities and Sunday’s fellowship groups (Filipino & Malayalam Fellowships) will not be held until further notice. Likewise, the Catechism Classes, Bible Studies, Ministry to the Lions Home for the Elders are also suspended.
- Upon arrival for the worship, all worshippers (members and visitors) are advised to register themselves via QR code made available, for the purpose of contact-tracing if necessary.
- Please follow the instructions provided earlier to prevent the possible infection and spread of the virus.
- We advise those who are unwell and susceptible to infections, not to attend the services.
- We regret to inform you that entry will not be allowed if you –
- have fever or any respiratory infection symptoms, such as cough, runny nose or sore throat; or
- have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, or
- are currently serving a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice.
God willing, the recordings of the sermons will be made available through our church’s website and YouTube account (from next week onwards).
Prayer Meeting & Fellowship Groups
Prayer meeting will be incorporated in the various fellowship gatherings. Tuesday night’s prayer meeting will not be held in SingPost.
- The fellowship groups will be meeting at GMC as follows – Youth Fellowship (1st Saturday), Men’s Fellowship (2nd Saturday), Ladies’ Fellowship (3rd Saturday), Adults’ Fellowship (4th Saturday), Young Adults’ Fellowship (3rd Friday), and Seniors’ Fellowship (2nd & 4th Week).
- Children’s programme will be available on 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays.
- Church Choir and the Youth Choir will not be meeting, until further notice.
We would advise that more stringent measures may be implemented to ensure our physical well-being owing to the fast-changing circumstances.
Your Spiritual Needs
We are looking forward to the restoration of our usual Sunday worship services and various fellowship group activities. While we wait for the resumption of all these regular events, our preachers, elders, deacons and I are committed to ministering to you. Our church office will remain open Monday–Friday during the regular hours of 9.30am–5.30pm. We encourage you to call us if you have any spiritual need.
Bible Witness Media Ministry and Gethsemane Bible Institute will continue to provide you with more spiritually edifying contents through their websites and web-radio. Sunday sermons will be available in our church’s websites.
Make every effort in your homes along with your family, friends, and neighbours, to make full use of the edifying materials available through the internet. Feed on God’s Word and pray together.
Please attend weekend ministries – but only if you are in good health – and stay in touch with our church and fellowship leaders. Let’s remember the words of Hebrews 10:24, 25 – “And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
The present uncertain times provide us with opportunities to encourage and strengthen the people of God, as well as to spread the Gospel in our community. So, render yourselves continually to minister to others according to the Lord’s leading. Be not anxious, but be strong in the knowledge of the Lord’s presence and His love for you, and serve Him diligently.
Finally, remember the words of the apostle Jude: “And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen” (Jude 22-25).