1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral 2013

Church Camp 2013 & Missionary Conference 2014

PrintE-mail

Church Camp 2013

Our church camp is just a week away. The church camp committee led by Dn Arvind Pawa has been hard at work to make sure that we will have a wonderful church camp. I thank God for a meticulous and fastidious committee that is at work behind this camp. Let us earnestly pray for them and co-operate with them.

Over the years, our church has manifested an excellent spirit of brotherly love while organising the church camp. Help for those who have difficulty paying the camp fee has always been ‘fast and furious’. This year, we have not raised any special fund for the camp as we are in the midst of raising the Building Fund and the Philippine Relief Fund. Some brethren in our midst would need help with the camp fee. If the Lord enables you, please give towards “the church camp fee” for the needy brethren.

Prepare yourself for the camp: Every camp participant must aim for specific spiritual goals.

I would like to urge you to set your heart upon the following spiritual goals:

• Draw yet closer to God – “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God” (Psalm 42:1). “My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God” (Psalm 84:2).
  • Desire to grow in the knowledge of His Word. “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2).
  • Draw yet closer to each other. “If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind” (Philippians 2:1–2).
  • Demonstrate an exemplary life: Let there be holiness, modesty, sound speech, love and compassion at all times. “See that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently” (1 Peter 1:22).

Let nothing distract us from these goals. Let us sit at the feet of Christ like Mary did, of whom it is written, “But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her” (Luke 10:42).

I exhort you to pray daily that the heavenly showers of His Spirit will grant us revival of hearts to love Christ deeply and fervently.

Some important guidelines for the camp:

1. Be sure that your passport has a 6-month validity and a visa to enter Malaysia (if required).
  2. Have warm clothing for the long travel in the air-con coaches and for the air-conditioned meeting rooms.
  3. Bring along your medications for a week.
  4. Clothing worn at camp must be modest, even during the games and sports activities.
    • Campers will be asked by Pastor, Session members or Camp Committee members to change his/her clothes if they are deemed inappropriate.
    • Inappropriate apparel include spaghetti straps, mid-riff/belly shirts, backless and strapless tops and cheerleading shorts.
    • A rule of thumb for sports shorts for all—they should reach beyond your fingertips when your arms are resting at your sides.
    • During meetings, no shorts and slippers are allowed. Skirts and dresses must be knee-length.
    • Clothing that is offensive or advertises alcoholic beverages, drinking establishments, tobacco or rock music is forbidden.
    • Men should not walk around bare-bodied, even after sports/games/exercise.
    • Ladies are advised to have decent one-piece swimsuits for swimming. Do not walk about in public in your swimsuits.
  5. The use of alcohol or tobacco products of any kind is absolutely forbidden. Do not visit or hang around the pubs or other worldly entertainment facilities at the resort or in its vicinity.
  6. During free time, if you are not resting, please engage in prayer, fellowship or personal devotion. Do not waste your time watching ungodly movies and programmes on TV, or listening to secular music.
  7. Bring along your Bibles and writing instruments. Papers for note-taking are made available for you.
  8. Do not leave the premises without informing the Camp Master or Camp Committee members.
  9. Conduct and speech exhibited at camp must be in keeping with Christian principles.
  10. Be always ready to encourage and help one another.

Missionary Conference 2014

I would like to announce to you that the Church Session has decided to hold the next Missionary Conference in Singapore. The dates of the conference are June 23–27, 2014. The meetings will be held at The Chevrons (48, Boon Lay Way). The morning sessions (10am–12pm) will be only for the pastors, preachers and missionaries. Public meetings for all members and friends will be held in the afternoon and at night (2pm–9.30pm).

Dear Pastor,

I want to say a big ‘thank you’ to you and the Session for helping me with my house rental. Truly, I won’t be able to do much by myself. It has been tough for me taking care of my family’s needs but I want to thank God for sustaining us thus far. May God continue to grant you good health so that you’ll be able to accomplish the high calling He has for you.

In Christ’s love,
Roy Lee

We thank God that the committee appointed by the Session to plan and organise the missionary conference has acted quickly to secure an excellent venue for the conference. So we are able to announce the dates early for you to apply for leave and plan to participate in the conference. Please take note that in view of this missionary conference, there will be no church camp next year.

This will be our fourth missionary conference. The purpose of the Missionary Conference is to foster the fellowship, doctrinal unity and commitment to global Gospel missions among all our missionaries and mission churches. Let us prayerfully commit ourselves to bring our missionaries together to study pertinent doctrinal and practical matters, and encourage one another in the Lord.