1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Pastoral Exhortation

PrintE-mail

Dearly beloved,

We praise the Lord for His abundant blessings in our church life. His goodness towards us is seen in great measure as He has enabled us to spread the Gospel in many parts of the world, beyond all that we have imagined. "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Ephesians 3:20-21).

The 3rd Missionary Conference that begins this Tuesday in Ethiopia is a true token of His favour upon us. This conference betokens the Lord's provision for the Ethiopian Gospel mission, in particular Gethsemane Bible Institue, Ethiopia.

Today, let us praise Him with gratefulness as we gather for worship. Rev Reggor Galarpe and Preacher Edsel Locot, who are in our midst today, have come from the Philippines to join the conference and rejoice with us. They will be travelling tonight with our brethren who are leaving for Ethiopia. Please extend your hand of fellowship to them.

I seek your prayers for the blessings of the Missionary Conference. Please be assured that we will remember all of you in our prayers during the conference. If you need any assistance, please contact Elder Alan Choy, Dn Arvind Pawa or Dn Francis Lee. Till we meet again, may the Lord be with you all. Your Pastor

Felicitations from Rev Lim Kim Shong

Dear Rev Dr Prabhudas Koshy and the Session of Gethsemane B-P Church,

Greetings from Malaysia in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for inviting me to your Bible conference in Ethiopia in December 2011.

Though I am not able to go this time, may the Lord bless your effort to promote missions and God's Word from Asia to Africa. "Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me?" (Acts 8:30-31)

May the church and Bible school in Ethiopia be used by God to enlighten many in Africa to come to the saving knowledge of the LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving from a Bible Witness Reader

Dear Brethren at BWMM:

Greetings in the most precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

I would like to acknowledge that yesterday (11-16-2011) I received the March- June 2011 edition of the Bible Witness magazine which contains a double commemorative special of “400th Year of the King James Version” and the “10th Year of BW”. Thank you so much for sending me a sample copy of your magazine that I’ve requested a week ago through the Internet. I’m still perusing the different articles in your magazine.

I would like to inform you that I’m an elder and a church worker at In Christ Grace Community Church - an independent, Bible-believing and grace-oriented church in the Philippines. We are only a small group of Christians and our budget is limited because we are not endowed or supported by any group or denomination. We do not have a full-time pastor here either. So if feasible, kindly send us some back issues of your magazine and other Christian literature that we can use in teaching and preaching the Word of God. I’ll distribute it to my fellow Christians and church workers in our area of ministry. Please also include me in your mailing list to regularly receive your magazine. Your help in this regard will be greatly appreciated!

In our age of apostasy and compromise (1 Tim 4:1; Jude 4), it is difficult to find a church or ministry (2 Tim 4:3-4) that is really true and faithful to the Word of God (2 Tim 4:2), and which teaches/preaches the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27). Some of them want to be popular or want to make a name for themselves while others are there only for profit or business (2 Cor 2:17; Phil 3:18-19) and in building their own empire (2 Peter 2:1-3), and not to serve the Body of Christ (I particularly observed this with the positive thinkers, health and wealth preachers, miracle healers, etc.). I praise the Lord for your faithful ministry in these last days based on the letters and testimonies that I’ve read in the Bible Witness magazine.

Brethren, congratulations to you on the 10th anniversary of Bible Witness Media Ministry! I’m praying that God will continue to bless your ministry - as a source of information, encouragement and hope to millions of people all over the world. May the grace and strength of God be with you all at BWMM (Phil 4:13, 19). Just keep up the good work (Gal 6:9-10)… until His appearing (Titus 2:13) because it will never be in vain (1 Cor 15:58). MARANATHA!

Your brother and fellow servant in Christ,

Edgar V. Villaflores

Pastoral Exhortation