1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

No Time!

PrintE-mail

No Time! An excuse that is increasingly heard when people are urged to consider spiritual matters and activities. Recently, while I was distributing Gospel tracts, I told a man, who appeared to be in no hurry and sitting in the park to kill time, that if he would not mind, I would like to share with him the very important message of salvation. His response was, “Sorry, no time!” This made me recall some other similar responses:

“I am too busy to read your pamphlet.”

“Where do I find time to think about life after death, when I have no time to manage things in this life?”

“Why waste time thinking about what happens after death, when I can’t even figure out what is happening to me now?”

Dear reader, with everything that you do in life, are you shutting God out of your life? Please consider the following parable that Jesus told His hearers.

The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: and he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:16-21).

Let us be wise to remember that if we do not regard the state of our soul as important and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins and assurance of heaven, we will regret missing the opportunity forever. Some young men or middle-aged people may be thinking that they are still young, and they can think of spiritual matters when they are older and closer to death. But the truth is that death is no respecter of age. Both children and the young can be quickly taken in death. The Bible states, “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27). Yet another passage in the Bible reminds the youths, “Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment” (Ecclesiastes 11:9).

Sadly, a great number of people are after lesser things in life that have no value for the well-being of their salvation. Why waste our time only on things that are useless for eternity? Think of the folly of wasting time on what you have to leave behind!

Why not consider the stupendous offer of the Gospel of Jesus Christ? He is sufficient for this life and the life to come. Not only can He saves our souls from sins, but He can also grant us peace, joy, consolation and even the eternal bliss of heaven. Jesus died to take away our sins that hinder all these wonderful blessings. If we humbly repent from our sins and believe on Him, He will give us life abundant.

Photos of the Progress of Construction in Ethiopia

Pastoral Exhortation