1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Testimonies Of Recent Mission Trip To The Philippines

PrintE-mail

In order to join the 2nd anniversary of TGCM, Cebu, Pr Jeremiah Sim and two brothers from TGCM, Singapore, Bro Johnny and Bro Sangkar, made a trip to the Philippines two weeks ago. We publish their testimonies below:

Preacher Jeremiah Sim

I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?" (Isaiah 43:12-13).

We praise and thank God for the honour and privilege given to us to behold God’s bountiful blessing bestowed upon the brethren in our mission churches in the Philippines. Bro Sangkar, Johnny and I were sent forth by our church in Singapore to the Philippines, to witness and rejoice in the second anniversary of The Gethsemane Care Ministry.

As we arrived in the Philippines, we were greeted by our beloved brethren: Pr Eli, Pr Richard and the Care brethren. We were then ushered to The Gethsemane Care Ministry for a day's rest. Presently, there are two residents and one staff in the ministry. The next day, we proceeded to the Bohol mission church for visitation and street evangelism with Pr Edsel. We visited three families and encouraged them with the Word of God.

The following day, we returned to Cebu to hold and celebrate the second anniversary of The Care Ministry. This special occasion commemorating God’s faithfulness upon The Care Ministry was well attended. Rev Reggor spoke from God’s Word and various presentations were made. God reminded me of Isaiah 43:18-19 and I want to exhort and encourage all brethren-in-Christ from these verses: “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” We bear witness of God’s grace and mercy upon the Care residents and Pr Eli. God has guided and provided for The Gethsemane Care Ministry in Cebu.

On the Lord’s Day, we went to Bogo and San Antonio to attend the church services there. The brethren warmly extended their hands of fellowship towards us. We benefited through our mutual encouragement. As Scripture declares in Psalm 133:1, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”

Revelation 5:13 - “And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.” Amen.

Bro Sangkar

For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward" (Deuteronomy 10:17).

In the midst of many oppositions, trials, poverty and difficult times, our God is a great and mighty God who does not forsake the faithful and the humble. In a land where the majority are Roman Catholics, God is still a sovereign God who protects His chosen ones. Thank God for the life and testimony of Bros Eli, Edsel and Dominino; even in the midst of many trials, they are steadfast and faithful to God in every way. Tears of joy ran down my eyes to see such faithful and committed brothers whom God have moulded and prepared for His works and glory.

Thank God for Pastor Reggor who heads the mission fields in the Philippines. Indeed, it is true, as Scriptures says in Matthew 9:37-38, "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest."

My prayers to God day by day is that He will continue His works through His chosen people so that the Gospel may be preached and heard in all parts of the earth. I would be happy just to render my service in every possible way for the glory of God. God has made all these works possible through His shepherd, Pastor Prabhudas Koshy.

All glory and honour to God alone.

Bro Johnny

Firstly, I would like to thank and praise the Lord for giving me this opportunity to travel to Cebu, the Philippines, for the very first time. I thank Pastor, Pr Jeremiah and my leader for having me in mind. Indeed, I am truly blessed with an eye-opening experience to see the love of God in calling the people to Himself with humility and repentance. It is according to His purpose and grace in Christ Jesus that He has "called us with an holy calling, not according to our works" (2 Timothy 1:9).

Throughout our days there (28/9/2011-3/10/2011), we met up with all of our missionaries and they are still serving the Lord faithfully namely Rev Reggor, Bro Richard Tiu, Bro Eliezer, Bro Edsel and Bro Dominino. They have sent their best regards to Gethsemane B-P Church and thank all of you for your gifts, support and prayers. I personally have a blessed fellowship with them and also a good fellowship with our team leader, Pr Jeremiah. I am very encouraged by their work there. We stayed at TGCM, Cebu; they have 3 residents namely Bro Tata, a staff, Bro Michael and Bro Minz, a one-month resident who was saved in the Lord Jesus Christ. Bro Victor is a staff helping Bro Eliezer in the ministry work. Bro Ric, who finished his one-year programme, is back home to help out in his family food business. We thank God for His faithfulness and mercy in watching over TGCM, Cebu, for the past two years and during her 2nd anniversary thanksgiving service. We heard the brethren giving thanks to God, singing unto His glory and testifying of the transforming power of our Lord Jesus Christ which changes lives from within (Luke 15:24).

By the grace of God, we also visited Bohol where Bro Edsel is serving in Gethsemane B-P Mission Church, Bohol. Through his leading, we were able to visit his church members and their families, encouraging one another and praying for their needs. We also visited Bro Bucio at his workplace and later his family at home. Although their life is poor yet we can see and feel the close relationship that they have built with Jesus our Lord, and that has been a great encouragement to me in that I should humble myself and give thanks to God for what I have, and with that little I will serve Him faithfully. We also visited and prayed for Sis Naring, 87-year-old mother of Bro Nestor. She is a RC and we are praying for her salvation and also the new contacts of the church, Sis Emelda, 14, and Sis Vanesa, 10, who come to church; we encourage and share with their parents Rowena (mother) and Danny (father) and hope they will come as well.

Truly, the multitudes were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd, the harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few (Matthew 9:35-38). I pray unto the Lord God Almighty that He will send forth labourers into His harvest. Praise be to the Lord!

Pastoral Exhortation