1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2011

Comfort Of God In Our Tribulation

PrintE-mail

In recent days, several of our brethren have been going through medical treatment for some serious sicknesses, such as cancer. We pray for them earnestly, and some even with fasting, in our prayer meetings and during private prayer time.

These afflicted brethren are so wonderfully comforted and strengthened by the God of all comfort that they share joyfully their testimony of His goodness with others. "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."

Here is a testimony of God's goodness and grace in the midst of trial that was sent to me.

Testimony of Thanksgiving from Sis Clarissa and her mum, Cecilia

"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving" (Psalm 69:30).

Clarissa is thankful that God let her go through this trial of having Hodgkin's Lymphoma because she believes it is meant to test and strengthen her faith. When the going gets rough, she remembers God's Word which says that He will not put His people through a trial that is too difficult to bear.

Clarissa is glad to have gotten cancer. She has discovered and learnt many new things. Most importantly, she is now closer to God as well as her family.

Cecilia is especially grateful to the Lord for preparing her even before Clarissa was diagnosed with this cancer. She has clung on to God's promise in Psalm 27:13-14 ever since - "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."

The LORD has strengthened and given peace in our hearts that surpasses all understanding. He has proven His promise that His presence will not leave us, for He has said as we "pass through the waters, they shall not overflow them". Indeed, He did not allow us to go down or under, as in the recent situation when Clarissa succumbed to a common but serious and dreaded side-effect of chemotherapy. The LORD has been merciful. She received the much needed medical attention in His good time which helped her through in a few days!

We, Cecilia and Clarissa, thank God for the advancement in cancer research today that treatment of cancer has improved significantly, both the tolerance of treatment and survival rates. Nonetheless, we will put our trust in the Great Physician, and keep a positive mindset that Clarissa will live to see and enjoy the tokens of divine favours here on this earth, our Heavenly Father's world!

In giving thanks to God, we want to say a hearty THANK YOU to each and every Gethsemanean for their support in prayers. We also wish to let them know that Clarissa had completed her whole chemotherapy regime last week.

Shalom,

Cecilia

Pastoral Exhortation