1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2010

Christmas Eve Service

PrintE-mail

Dearly Beloved in the Lord!

May the peace and joy which the angels proclaimed at the birth of Christ fill your hearts as we gather together to worship Him.

“And the angel said unto them,
Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy,
which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10-11).
“And suddenly there was with the angel
a multitude of the heavenly host praising God,
and saying, Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:13-14).

The angelic host descended from the realms of glory to bring the good news of Christ’s birth. They did it with great delight and enthusiasm. Their Christmas spirit was so “infectious” that the shepherds quickly went to see and worship the baby Lord Jesus.

“And it came to pass,
as the angels were gone away from them into heaven,
the shepherds said one to another,
Let us now go even unto Bethlehem,
and see this thing which is come to pass,
which the Lord hath made known unto us.
And they came with haste, and found
Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger” (Luke 2:15-16).

I noticed in the biblical story of Christ’s birth a sense of urgency with everyone who had a part in the proclamation of His birth. Great enthusiasm and jubilation were common to both the angels who announced the birth and the shepherds who went to worship the newborn Saviour.

My prayer for all of us today is that, like the angels and shepherds, we would be greatly excited about the proclamation of our Saviour. Let there be no reluctance or slowness in declaring the good news of Christ to our family members, friends and even strangers. This is a great news that deserves all our effort to publish it. It is a news that must be spread with great joy and earnestness.

As a church, may all of us dedicate ourselves to give our best to propagate the Gospel all over the world. Our mission efforts in Ethiopia, Kenya and the Philippines must be strengthened. Our Bible Witness Media Ministry must be enhanced to spread the truth of Christ through the printed page, modern media and Internet. Our Gethsemane Care Ministry efforts to reach the ex-addicts and ex-prisoners must be vitalized. All other ministries must also renew their Gospel efforts. In the new year, may God help us to open more Gospel frontiers. You and I must yield unreservedly and willingly for the dissemination of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This Christmas, let everyone consecrate himself to hasten and strengthen the work of the Gospel.

Yours for the Gospel
Pastor Prabhudas Koshy

Pastoral Exhortation