1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2010

Pastoral Exhortation

PrintE-mail

My beloved brethren,

The goodness of the Lord towards our church has been once again evident in the recent ACM. We are not only thankful to God for the sustenance and new blessings of our ministries, but also for the united brotherhood.

1st Anniversary of TGCM, Cebu

Another joy we have today is the first anniversary of our newest mission outreach in Cebu, namely The Gethsemane Care Ministry, Cebu. Preacher Jeremiah Sim and Bro Cayson Chok have gone to Cebu to join today’s Thanksgiving Service. They will pass our congratulatory message to Rev Reggor Galarpe, Preacher Eliezer Ortega and their co-labourers. TGCM, Cebu, is slowly taking root after the initial struggles. Four men, who have come to the ministry to seek help for their recovery from drug addiction, are all growing in the Lord.

The following is an e-mail from Preacher Eliezer Ortega:

Blessed be the name of the Lord! All glory and honor be unto Him for all His goodness. "O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good: because His mercy endureth for ever" (Psalm 118:1). God's goodness and mercy have sustained the ministry hitherto.

I would like to share our rejoicing with you, Pastor and the brethren of the church, on the occasion of the 1st Anniversary Thanksgiving Service of TGCM, Cebu. Please do rejoice with us and thank God for His goodness and mercy to the ministry.

We remember how the Lord has led us, after months of searching for a place, to the present place, which is very suitable for the work. The LORD is very good indeed. The LORD also sufficiently provided for all the needs
of the ministry.

We thank God for using the mother church and the brethren in Singapore to support the needs of the ministry.

The LORD has also enabled me, His servant, to serve Him despite the many weaknesses and frailties that I have. He brought people into the ministry to hear the Gospel and be transformed. To date, the ministry has four residents. Recently, we received an increasing number of inquiries regarding the ministry.

Indeed, the LORD is good and merciful.

Bible Witness Media Ministry

Next year, BWMM will be celebrating its 10th anniversary, and preparations are on the way. Today, we praise God for its increasing Gospel advancement around the world. For our encouragement, here are a couple of notes of appreciation for the BWMM:

Dear Friends in Christ,

I want to thank you for consistently sending me the Bible Witness. Such a fine job you do - and a credit to the Lord in both media layout and the content of the articles.

Dr Arthur Steele is still an active part of our church, now 90 years old. We are preparing for a major extension to our small chapel here in Palm Harbor, Florida.

The Lord bless and provide every need as you faithfully labor in God's vineyard.

Morris McDonald
Suncoast Bible Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Missionary Union (president)
Fundamental Presbyterian Publications (managing editor)

Hi,
I've been reading your website these past few weeks and I'm encouraged by the articles that are found on your site. Just want to point out today's Daily Devotion "Sin of Pride", last paragraph,

"Are they making you self-contended" should it read "selfcontented" instead?

Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Jerry Goh

More Testimonies from the 2nd Bible Witness Retreat

Thank God for the opportunity to attend the Bible Witness Retreat. It was definitely a good break for Herbert and I from our daily work. Through this retreat, there was time for spiritual feasting and physical resting. It was also a time to catch up with old friends and to make new friends.

The message that particularly struck me was the opening message. Rev Koshy mentioned that the two important questions that Saul (or Paul) asked on the road to Damascus were life-changing. “Who art Thou, Lord?” and “Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?” (Acts 9:5, 6). Saul thought that he knew all about God and His Law, but was eventually brought down to his knees by the Lord. That made him asked helplessly, “Who art Thou, Lord? ... Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?” He realized that all his past credentials were as dung before God. Since the day of realization, Saul, who became Paul, started to pursue the knowledge of God. Not only did he pursue God’s knowledge, he was also constantly seeking God’s will and directions in his ministry.

As a “long-time” Christian from a Christian family, I’m reminded that I must not at any point of time be tired of knowing God and His Word more and more. After being Christians for many years, many are guilty of being complacent and may even think that they have known it all. But John Calvin instructed us – “A true vision of God and His perfections, however, casts us flat to the ground. We begin then to see our hypocritical righteousness, and loathe it as the greatest iniquity.” Truly, this is what God wants us to know constantly. We are weak but He is strong – how we need Him every hour! I pray that I may remember this precious lesson till the Lord comes again.

Ye Zuyi
True Life B-P Church

“Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable” (Psalm 145:3).

Praise the Lord for a most blessed time of worship, study of God’s Word and fellowship during the Bible Witness (BW) Retreat on “Knowing God” from 8-10 September 2010 in Batam.

Honestly, before this retreat, the thought of being able to go for any BW retreat never really crossed my mind. Being a schoolteacher, the week of holidays is typically used for school events or marking pupils’ work.

I remembered coming across the advertisement for the first BW retreat. I was drooling over wonderful times that I could spend with God’s people to refresh myself with God’s Word. Even though I could not be present at the retreat, every opportunity to read the retreat testimonies was embraced with great enthusiasm.

In June this year, I meet up with Bro Boon Siang (a fellow schoolteacher) and some like-minded brethren. The Lord used him to encourage me to look into my September holiday schedule again and see if I would be available for the second BW retreat. He testified to me that he was greatly blessed during the first retreat, and he was looking forward to the upcoming one. Initially, I brushed it off, knowing I would be involved in a national competition with my school. However, the thought of how much I would be blessed spiritually got the better of me. I was determined to find out the dates of the competition and see if it was God’s will for me to be at the retreat. I prayed with much hope and earnest desire and the Lord answered my prayer in the affirmative. Praise God!

It was with great excitement as I embark for Batam. I could not wait to study God’s Word intensively. I sincerely hoped the Lord would teach me much and draw me closer to Him during the retreat. School life had somehow taken a toll on my spiritual fervour for God and I needed the Lord to refresh me.

As always, the Lord is good. The messages preached by Rev Koshy were both Spirit-filled and instructive. The praising of God through the singing of the good-old hymns was uplifting and delightful. The fellowship was exceptionally sweet.

The lessons learnt from the BW retreat still ring warmly in my heart, especially from the first message on “Who art Thou, O Lord?”. Even till today, I still pray to the Lord and asked Him the two questions asked by the Apostle Paul, “Who art Thou, Lord?” and “Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?”

The Lord has also rekindled my zeal to study His Word even more, considering the fact that “His greatness is unsearchable”. My wife and I have been so blessed that we are re-visiting the entire retreat notes during our family devotions.

I sincerely thank God for being able to be a part of the second BW retreat. I pray that if it be His will, He would enable me to be a part of every subsequent BW retreat. All glory be unto His holy and matchless name!

“All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD; and Thy saints shall bless Thee” (Psalm 145:10).

Herbert Goh
True Life B-P Church

Pastoral Exhortation