1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2010

Will You Not Come To Pray For The Soul Harvest?

PrintE-mail

Dear brethren,

Our next Gospel meeting is just two weeks away. I trust that you are making every effort to bring at least a friend or relative to hear the preaching of the Gospel of salvation. Let me exhort you, dear brethren, that you also give yourself to earnest prayer for the salvation of souls.

Nothing can be done effectively for the salvation of souls without the Lord’s blessings upon our labour. That is why we must gather to seek His blessings in prayer. If we were to be successful in bringing men to the Saviour, we must pray much.

To the praying ones, our Saviour promised much fruit. He said, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" (John 15:16).

When we pray to Him for the salvation of souls, we not only acknowledge that He is the author of salvation, but also yield ourselves to Him to be used for the salvation of sinners.

Like the early Christians of Jerusalem, let us yield ourselves in prayer, saying, “Grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word” (Acts 4:29). The prayer of the early Christians had great results – “they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness . . . And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all” (Acts 4:31-33).

Unless we come humbly before the Lord in prayer, we shall not be blessed in our labour. So the next two church prayer meetings (28th Sept & 5th Oct) will be mainly spent on praying for the salvation of souls during the October 9th Gospel meeting.

We have been praying for souls during the last two prayer meetings. Several brethren have given the names of their contacts, and we have sought the Lord for His gracious work in their hearts that they might come and hear the Gospel of salvation.

Will you not also come and join your fellow brethren to pray for the soul harvest?

More Testimonies from the 2nd Bible Witness Retreat

BW retreat has once again refreshed my soul through the study of God's Word and strengthened the bonds with my fellow brethren through the long, fruitful moments of fellowship. I thank the Lord for such blessed retreats organised by BW Media Ministry. May the Lord grant more of His saints leave approval and clearance of obstacles so that they can also partake of the bountiful blessings poured down from above. Thank God for the labour of love by Pastor and the church workers!

Boon Siang

By the grace of God, I had a very fruitful time of learning God’s Word at the Bible Witness Retreat. I praise God for the opportunity to set aside 3 days to learn and mediate on God and His Word. Many a time, Christians forget who God is, especially when we focus too much on our problems. At the retreat, I got to learn and revisit the many wonderful attributes of God. I also had much spare time to make a conscious effort to ponder over who God is. I had a blessed time of fellowship with my roommates and the rest of the participants at the retreat. I hope to make it for the next retreat! I thank God so much for the Bible Witness Retreat!

Andrew Koh

Thank God for a timely and strengthening retreat this September. The 3-day retreat was an opportunity for me to seek Him personally and to ask for His confirmation for some of the things I have been praying about. I also enjoyed
the seminar workshops which gave me a more profound understanding of God's word, along with knowing His attributes in a well-rounded way. I have taken some of the knowledge back with me to share with the youths whom I have been teaching at my church. The retreat has better equipped me towards serving Him better, and also provided a time of rest and a deeper fellowship with our Lord, Jesus Christ. Thank Him for His sovereign presence and faithfulness in our lives!

Lynn

It was a very restful time of fellowship and feeding on God's Word. Praise God for His grace and strength on Pastor who diligently prepared his messages and notes for us. A lot of hard work must have been put in for our sake. Thank you, Pastor. Through this retreat, I have been chided and reminded to discipline myself more, to draw closer to the Lord through personal prayer, and to increase in my knowledge of God's being and truth. I pray that knowing my Master more will lead me to emulate Him better. May God grant us, His beloved children, wisdom and obedience to experience Him deeper, especially when our heart constantly cries out to Him to make us strong and faithful in the midst of physical and spiritual struggles.

Ruth Low

Our Great God, Thou art Very Great,
And there is none like Thee.
Thou art Sovereign, Thou art Almighty,
Thou art the Only One True Living God.
Thou art Eternal,
Thou art Incomprehensible,
Thou art Self-Existent and Self-Sufficient,
Thou art Omniscient, Thou art Omnipotent,
Thou art Omnipresent and Thou Changest Not.
Thou art Holy, Thou art Just, Thou art True,
Thou art Loving, Thou art Merciful,
Thou art Gracious, Thou art the I am that I am.

In all Thy greatness and in all Thy sovereignty, Thou hast so graciously chosen to reveal all that Thou want us to know about Thyself in Thy holy Word – the Bible – and through Thy Only Begotten Son, our Lord Jesus, the Saviour.

Help me, O Lord, to love Thy Word more and more, that I may know Thy holy will and walk in obedience to Thy holy Word.

Help me O Lord, on my pilgrim's journey from earth to heaven to always focus only on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of my faith.

I thank the Lord for the 3 days of the 2nd Bible Witness Retreat (8 to 10 Sept 2010). I am both spiritually and physically refreshed.

I thank the Lord for Pastor Koshy who is fervent for the Lord and teaches the Word of God with great passion and by patiently waiting on the Lord for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.

I also thank the Lord for the good organisation and logistics, and for all brethren (young and old) who have attended the retreat.

May the Lord bless you to love His Word more and more, and may you make His Word your guide in your pilgrim's journey from earth till we reach the heavenly shore.
Amen

Violet

Pastoral Exhortation