1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Pastoral Exhortation - Series of 2010

Church And Evangelism

PrintE-mail

It is the church’s duty to evangelize the world. When the church as a whole prepares herself to receive sinners to hear the preaching of the Word of His grace, the Lord will use her to gather more souls to His kingdom. If our church would sanctify and equip herself to minister God’s love to people who come to seek the Lord, we shall see a glorious working of God in our midst that would result in a great soul-harvest. I believe this with my whole heart because the church is God’s agency on earth for evangelism.

If we are truly a church of Jesus Christ, we cannot tolerate lukewarmness in our efforts to evangelize a dying world. As a church, we must always keep our fervour for the salvation of souls at a high pitch.

Every leader, every member and every ministry of the church must be excited about the work of soul-winning. Brethren, we exist as a church here on earth for this work. So we must live and die for the salvation of sinners.

Not only as a church, but as individuals also, we must work to bring sinners to Christ. If any man claims to be a Christian but would not do anything to gain a soul for heaven, he is an impostor and hypocrite. How can a man receive eternal salvation, which he does not deserve, and care not for others who are heading to their eternal peril? Should he not at least attempt to tell them of the way of salvation?

As Spurgeon said, “If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. And if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.”

To be a soul-winner is the happiest thing in the world. How can we miss out on such a great delight? Keep with you some good Gospel tracts always. If you are not able to talk, at least you can give those tracts for them to read and turn to Christ.

Your preacher’s heart is almost bursting with the anticipation of a soul-harvest. “O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemer’s praise!” Will you not bring some unsaved souls to the Lord’s house to hear him preach the Lord Jesus Christ and His wonderful words of life?

I would like to particularly encourage you to labour in bringing the unsaved to the Gospel Rally on 9th October.

Some Testimonies From The 2nd Bible Witness Retreat

I thank our Heavenly Father through our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ in granting His mercy and love in helping me to come to this retreat.

The knowledge and truth that I have received through the faithful teachings of God's servant, Rev Koshy, has brought much joy and great encouragement to me.

May His peace and truth remain in all His people until our gracious and loving Lord returns.

Philip Goh

My God is so GREAT, So strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do (For you).... The Lord God Almighty is truly great. No one can fully know His thoughts or His ways or His attributes, for they are so great. As I pondered on the things that I learned during this retreat, the words of the song that the children always sing echoed in my mind.

I praise God for giving Pastor the topic “Knowing God” to preach on. The words of Paul in Acts 9:5 “Who art thou, Lord?" also taught me to pray that the Lord will teach me more about Himself through His Word, that I may know His glory more and yield to Him more each day. I praise God also for enabling me to sit through most of the messages and helping my young son, Isaiah, to be calm and not to distract me.

My girls enjoyed their class with Aunty Carolyn. I praise God for her effort to explain to them the videos that the children watched during the night sessions.

Lastly, I praise God for a blessed time of fellowship with the brethren. The Lord is good. "Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:3

Angeline Wong

We thank God for a blessed time at the retreat. With a child in tow, we were never under the illusion of having a ‘peaceful’ retreat. Nonetheless, the blessings of our Lord were that of a renewal of our spirits, the refreshment of our souls and a respite from worldly toil and labour through the ministry of God’s Word … even amidst the sometimes incessant wailings of our young son.

In addition, we’re thankful to God for the comfortable accommodation, and the warm and hospitable fellowship we’ve enjoyed in this short retreat.

All praise and glory to God for who He is and for all His benefits towards our family.

Lastly, as recipients of the edifying ministry of Bible Witness through her magazine (and retreat!), we hope and pray that she’ll remain steadfast, unmoveable and always abounding in the work of the Lord, to the blessing of other souls as well.

In His grace,
Adrian & Eileen Poh

Thank you, Pastor, and all your co-labourers for your love and great effort in organising this retreat. We really appreciate the brethren’s and your effort in extending a warm fellowship to us.

Thank you for the message, which is short and sharp. Even though sometimes, it may be jarring to the ear, yet it is affirmative to our hearts and helps us to take heed of His sovereign will for each one of us, for our finite mind can never apprehend His great love and mercy for us. His mystery has kept us continually searching for Him and He will continue to uphold your church, helping many to run this race till we meet Him face to face.

Thank God for His grace to enable you to speak the truth from His words and may He continue to watch over His church and use all the talents given to Gethsemane B-P Church to propagate His Good News to many parts of the world.

May He continue to give increase, provide and empower your church mightily for the furtherance of His mighty kingdom.

Tony Goh

I thank the Lord for bringing me to my first Bible Witness Retreat and enabling us to hear the Lord’s servant, Pastor Koshy, encouraging our hearts by giving us the Bread of Life. Thank God also for the time of fellowship of the saints where we were able to learn God’s Word together.

I was able, through this retreat, to learn more about the attributes of God.

All praise and glory to God.
Alice Han

Time Of Refreshing In God’s Presence…

How much do I know Thee, O God?
In my twenty six years of being a believer, I think I have not known God as I should have. In the early years of my Christian life, I was very eager to serve Christ and tell others about Him. But as time passes by, I led a life of a doubleminded Christian - one for my Christian friends and the other for my unbelieving friends. I was often scared to tell them that I am a Christian because I thought I would bring shame to Christ due to my wrong words and actions. My dealings with my non-Christian family members and friends were very different from what Christ would have me to do. Yes, I admit that I have greatly sinned against my Lord and Saviour. I have not known Him as He is and I haven’t done what He wanted me to do. How I wish that I can turn back time, and live eagerly and zealously as one who has known Christ intimately.

I thank the Lord for the Bible Witness Retreat that He provided for me to attend. I thank His servant, Pastor Koshy, who expounded God’s Word in a simple and yet very detailed manner. O how I thank God for refreshing my weary and tired poor soul. Indeed, God has not forgotten me.

My prayer is: “May I be a true vessel of honour to Thee, O God, my Saviour! May I be strengthened to share Christ with others! May my life, speech and actions, show that Christ lives in me! May God help me not to be easily agitated and angered by others, forgetting that I’m a Christian. May God help me to be a good example and forbid me from bringing shame to His Name. May I know God more and more all through my life’s journey. O Lord, may I never forget to ask, 'Who art thou, O Lord?', that I may know Thy greatness and glory to live humbly and obediently before Thee.”

Philippians 3:10 “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death.”

May the Lord give me a very enjoyable and exciting spiritual journey. “O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him” (Psalm 34:8).

Rowena Delina

Pastoral Exhortation